|Release the hounds! courtesy of TMB Photo|
- Once again, this edition of LML blows me away with generosity. On behalf of Monica (the beneficiary), THANK YOU. This event would not continue if it was just a race... Making a difference no matter how big or small is why this thing happens.
- Special THANK YOU to the volunteers- Anna G, Don McN, Amanda B, Kelly B, TMB, Victoria, Tyler, C5, DVD, the duo of Jimmmmay & the one and only Stoener, Brenda K, Ms Madeline K, & my partner in this thing we call life, Dawn.
- One last THANK YOU to the sponsors; Harry's Café, & Milltown Cycles, without them, this race would not happen. Specials 'thanks' to Todd T, Travis S, and the volunteers that helped at Milltown Cycles. One more 'thanks' to Dan and Automotive Enginuity for there help with the race prep at the finish line.
Things to ponder for LML 2018-
- Lite route timed, means longer, means a thing we call 'climb(s) to nowhere or knowhere'.
- Use of advanced course digital maps. This will only be done if weather results in soggy paper tulips. Sorry, I'm with the Ragnarok Guys, this is part race/ part self navigation... You get yourself in a hole, you get out of it.
- Word from the gravel street, people were skipping the 1 and only Climb To Nowhere. LAME.
- No shows. I was a tad disappointed in the 30+ no shows. You had ample time to let me know you were not making it. The weather was no threat either.
- If you are an IT software wizard I would like to come up with a better and more efficient format for tulip notes. If interested, send me a signal.
- To end on a good note. Each year I say, if it was more fun than the previous, then we do it again... It was, so we shall. See you at some random spot on some random deal... For now, I go back in my shell.