Race tulip notes from a map my ride file will be posted as a link on this blog on Thursday if this a go. This will help avoid the soggy paper factor. If you've ever fumbled with tulips in the rain it's a real treat, especially when the paper just disintegrates in your hands... Then what?
I will make the call on Thursday evening as to stay the course and race on Saturday or postpone to Saturday April 8th.
Shooting for an 80-20 rule. If we get 80% of the people to be satisfied in the decision (to race or not in looming rain), it will be a win.
|Elko-Roubaix Sector. If rain, this will be out.|
With rain, course will be modified. Elko-Roubaix and a few other spots will be out if raining on Friday and 'if' we go forward for Saturday's race. Last year we postponed due to ice/ snow conditions, and rescheduling allowed riding some good offroad stuff.
- Park at Walmart overflow lot
- Swag Swap- bring new in box or slightly used swag, we swap. No junk allowed
- Registration- 6AM-8AM, ship sets sail at 8AM.
- LML Lite Option, 38 miles. Full loop 94 miles. You make the call.
- Limited edition T-Shirts- Contribute $75 or greater to Monica's cause, $10 to the race fund, and show up while supplies last and get a shirt! T-shirts will be for sale by order as well.
- Fundraiser- most important part of all of this. We can collectively do something to help someone, and maybe even influence one another to think about our health in a different way.
NOTE: the previous roster may have up to 10% error. Check your name and your intention.
NOTE: if you melt in the rain please let me know you wont be at the race. Each entry costs me overhead expenses.