- Winning time came in at 12:53 for 4hrs 33 min, final finisher for 10hrs 25 min.
- 120 starters- Good work even if you didn't finish the official route but didn't cheat yourself of a good effort
- 99 finishers- hope you enjoyed the 'master plan'
- 20 pounds of bacon cooked up by the fine folks of Milltown Cycles
- Custom medals by Jim (the jeweler?)
- A guy driving what looked to be a veterinarian truck tried sending me into the ditch. Mark Skarpohl was my witness. I bonked hard after I gave the guy what was on my mind. Your random stories, please share---
- Martha loved the climbs to nowhere. Now she knows where they go...
- Many new cyclists came out and tested their metal, they all succeeded.
- The dust wasn't bad... But the sun burn?
- The LCR fixed gear traveling trophy was sold, proceeds to Bauer Power.
- Kathy J biked on time pedals and shimano cleats for 43 miles. Milltown hooked her up with the appropriate parts..
- Good work. All-City Ted biked down to n iowa, contributed, TedFest.
- TMB Photography makes this race visual- PHOTO LINK
- We raised over $4000 for the Bauer's.
- Who was finisher #11?
- Thanks to Harry, Victoria, Juan, and the whole staff.
|Some were not paying attention to the 'orange stake' warning-|
- Thanks to Travis, Curtis, Todd, and Milltown cycling guru's.
This couldn't happen without the involvement of these people:
- Anna Gonzales, Don MacNaughton, Todd Cronin, Eddie, KG, Jimmmay, Stoener, and my superstar wife Dawn (she still hasn't forgiven me for the raffle prize I won her)
Special 'thanks' to the Bauer-Strong clan led by Todd and Kellie.
Next year... Is next year... Some say backwards, come help me map it then...
Stay tuned for the north iowa Gravel Series (Ragnarök, LML, Dickie Scramble) update- This could put a spin on your day this coming Saturday at Drew Wilson's game... He'll even just let you show up 15 min prior. Bring a compass, straight key, or sky flares...